May 27. 2020
- Implemented tile view for 12+ users
- Implemented new whiteboard feature
- "Raise hand" option to request speaker rights
- New button: "Back to main screen" in calls and video meetings
- Updated tile view
- Improved 1:1 video call view
- Improved header and footer in video calls
- Improved audio handling during screen sharing sessions
- Updated work flow for the "Raise hand" feature
- Fixed missing FCM after the app was in background for a long time
- Improved call history sync
April 22. 2020
- Improved the user thumbnail preview of the own camera in the video call
- Improved selection and saving of Audio/Video settings for multi-cam / multi microphone setups.
- Improved outgoing call ringtone behavior on Desktop Client.
- Improved the flow for invitations of external users to join a video / audio call via copy URL.
- Implemented an option to add an user to a video / audio meeting with an arrow button.
- Improved display of chat after call is finished
- Major Improvements for active call notifications when switching conversations.
- Improved the tooltip during a video / audio call to display user name.
- [iOS] Improved the leave meeting pop up UI
- VNCmeet: improved translations for meeting end screen.
- [Android] Improved join video meeting flow with email address
- Improved link expiries (after ending a call) for group chats.
- Improved search results.
- Improved call dial tone.
- Improved UI display option for the search group
- Improved audio with switching broadcasts tab
- [IOS] Improved app performance when joining a call from a URL invitation
- [Android] Improved the notifications display
- [IOS] Improved shared screen preview with iPad
- Improved video preview when users join/leave the call.
- Fixed audio track stop on opening add user/copy URL option
- Improved call reconnect after switch network (mobile data to wifi or wifi to mobile data).
- Improved the zoom feature for images
April 09. 2020
- VNCmeet: instant video meetings with internal and external users. External users can join video meeting by browser on Android and Windows/Apple/Linux, without any downloads.
- New workflow for notification of the joined/left/pending users in recent chat: 1. When user joins a meeting 2. When user leaves a meeting 3. Waiting for user(s) to join 4. When user clicks on 3 dots icon 5. (optional) If there are no more pending users the 3 dots icon will appear next to the number of participants
- New UI for the call screen
- Join VNCmeet calls anonymous by clicking on the link in the notification email
- New option and UI for starting audio/video calls with "All participants" in a group chat or "selected only & invited by email".
- [IOS] Introduced option for iOS users to join an audio / video call via link
- Start calls with all users or selected users
- Creation of a temporary group with all invitees to a video meeting, which is optionally removed or saved after the call ended.
- Improve display of user with any display name to the joined/left list
- Multi device management: improvements of call invitations in case a user is logged in with multiple clients simultaneously (Web Client, Desktop Client, App).
- Improvements of the call screen for external users
- Improved "start conversation" text: display meta info
- Improved outgoing ringtone when inviting users to ongoing calls
- Improved outgoing ringtone when inviting participants via email
- [iOS] Improved flow for anonymous users who join calls via link and VNCtalk App
- Improved VNCpad opening process
- Improved kebab menu UI
April 03. 2020
- Optimized IOM calls
- [Desktop Client] Improved screen sharing
- [iPad] Improved display kebab on the recent list.
March 29. 2020
- Optimized updates of the user avatar to contacts.
- Improved configuration for handling of "ghost users", e.g. when network connectivity is lost.
- [Mobile] Optimized syncing of message order and timestamps.
- Fixed HTML tags display with forwarded message.
- Fixed the message delivery status of messages.
- Improved 1:1 VNCiom (Inter-Organization Messenger) Calls.
- Fixed missing cursor focus in text box with reply message.
- UI Improvements.
March 26. 2020
- [iPad/tablet] Add new participants to a group video call
- [iPad] Improved user film strip in video calls
- Notification for changed group chat avatars in the chat history
- Automatic reset of the search box after user selection
- Upgrade to Angular 9
- Optimized user avatar update
- Optimized missing user avatar with chat bubble in group chat
- Optimized the chat properties behaviour in the chat header
- [Desktop Client] Fixed permissions for screen sharing on macOS
- [Desktop Client] Optimized the avatar display in the recent chat list
- Improved display of the speaking person in video calls
- Optimized chat switching with activated RTF editor
March 20. 2020
- Improved call handling when switching networks and during short connectivity interruptions
- Meta info in the link preview: Link, link preview, title, URL, icon and horizontal separator line
- Automatic checking of the browser version and notification pop-up when the browser version is too old
- Virtual scrolling for starting individual chats and group chats
- Updated the call platform to Jitsimeet to improve call quality
- Vibration for incoming calls when the mobile is on vibration mode
- Improve sorting order of @mention tab list as per last received mentioned message
- Updated UI and workflow for the "copy to clipboard" feature
- [ipad] Updated header layout for the Purple theme
- RTF Editor is enabled per default in the settings
- Optimized broadcast chat history
- Optimized camera focus in video calls
- Improved virtual scrolling and message posting
- Optimized audio transmission when switching to other conversations during an active call
- Fixed the call notification after a call ended
- Fixed group chat call invitations
- Fixed screen locking during an active call session after a timeout on Android/iOS devices
March 11. 2020
- Sending and display of html code in plain and RTF mode
- Switch to turn RTF editor on and off in the settings
- Option to delete images from the media screen
- Implemented and stabilized Virtual Scrolling
- "CTRL + Enter" to send messages from the RTF Editor
- Formatting bar in the RTF Editor
- [Desktop] Upgrade electron to version 8 (latest)
- [Mobile] RTF (Rich text format) Editor
- [Mobile] @mention option in the RTF Editor
- New UI of the main chat screen
- [Mobile] Replaced the swap opening of VNCpad with a separate button
- Improved the layout and workflow for VNCpads
- Improved the message reply workflow
- Updated the 'reject call' workflow
- Improved display of the date and time in the recent chat list
- [Mobile] Improved UI for the recent chat list
- [Desktop] Improved UI for the chat header and left sidebar
- Improved the usability of the RTF Editor
- New UI of the right sidebar
- Improved the display of special characters in the chat history
- Improved the UI layout
- Improved handling of incoming call requests for the same user logged in on multiple clients
- Improved the updating behaviour of the group chat member list
- Improved file download for Android 10
February 14. 2020
- Admin-sided RTF editor configurability (hide or show formatting buttons)
- Remove uploaded images from the user profile/group chat avatar
- Improved XMPP reconnect
- Improved display of the user avatars in the add participants/users screen
- Fixed the chat's kebab menu behaviour
- Improved the VNCpad "T" notification on author side
- Fixed the display of the geo location and video file preview in the chat on Android 10
January 20. 2020
- Toaster messages for call timeout if a participant does not react to a call
- VNCpad notifications for desktop and mobile
- [mobile] Rename/Delete VNCpads
- Improved timestamps in message sync
- Fixed the application header color depending on the selected theme
- Improved user/participants search
- Fixed display of the application name in the desktop client
- Fixed the behaviour of the delete message option.
- Improved German translations
- Fixed the chat screen header behaviour after forwarding a message/image in the chat during an active call
- Layout improvements for the star icon in the global search
- Improved search starred messages
- Improved redirection to the previous screen in the app
- UI layout improvements
December 21. 2019
- deleting VNCpads
- added a notification icon to the VNCpad icon if there are pads added
- renaming VNCpads
- Star (favorite) feature
- star/unstar messages from chat screen and chat search screen including the option to show "starred messages only" via a checkbox
- added an option to hide the Logout option on browser and desktop client from the backend side
- set a default URL depending on the environment in the mobile app
- added an option to hide call features like external URL and invite by mail from the backend side
- new workflow for VNCpad
- changed search starred message workflow
- the screen share bar is moveable now
- fixed the file transfer while sending text during a file transfer process
- added an option to hide the "add participants" button from 1:1 conversations from the backend side
- fixed missing message content/blank content display in chat search results
- fixed broken links in the message content in chat history.
- fixed the broadcast group(s) content display
- fixed missing German translation on the mobile login page
- fixed the attachment(image/snapshot) loading in chat history
- fixed the decoding of the special characters and/or simliar HTML codes in chat
- fixed the link click behaviour for VNCpads
- fixed loading of previous chat history messages in new created group chats
- fixed the download option in the desktop client
- fixed missing French translation on the mobile login page
- fixed new message updates in chat history
- fixed the missing group chat name screen when starting a screen share for more than 2 users
- fixed the automated call termination after one participant hang up
- fixed the header color display according to the selected theme
- fixed chat screens (chat history, new message arrival display + chat screen on the mobile screen)
- fixed the display of the participant selection in group calls
- fixed the Emoji/multiline message/User mention display in replies
- call improvements
November 28. 2019
- Added VNCpad to the mobile apps
- Added VNCpad to the VNCtalk browser application and the Electron Client
- Screensharing invitations don't ask for camera activation anymore
- [desktop] Starting a video call without a plugged in camera switches automatically to audio call mode.
- Fixed the call notification behavior (sound and request popup)
- Fixed the text search box in the "Start Chat" menu
- Optimized group chat behavior and sidebar layout
- Fixed the "start chat" layout in the Broadcast menu
- Fixed text layout for mentions, links and quoted messages
- Fixed the option to share images from a chat history to another chat
- Improved the screen sharing behavior for two screen sharing sessions from different users in the same call
- Fixed video call behavior
November 15. 2019
- Option to record and save audio and video calls (call owner only)
- Layout, bahavior and speed improvements in the Android app
- Optimized the search functionality
- Optimized the media file list behavior
- Improved call behavior on iOS 13
- Improved group chat names
- [mobile] Improved display of user names
- Improved the suggestion list in the "Email to friend" option
- Optimized the display of file names