Zug, Switzerland, 10 November, 2022 – VNC, leading developer of open source-based enterprise applications, announces a new version of its application for professional real-time communication. VNCtalk 4.0 stands out thanks to extensive settings for the chat history and an integrated poll function.
The business communication product VNCtalk not only fully encrypts chat, video and audio conferences via OMEMO and WebRTC, but also allows the secure exchange of files with other conference participants. The VNCtalk 4.0 version also offers numerous other convenient features for remote working. These include:
- Preview of Office documents: In a preview window, document contents are visible without having to open in a new tab.
- Chat history settings: The owner of a chat room can choose whether to show the previous message history to new participants or to hide it. In addition to that, users can decide how long their shared messages are saved in individual or group chats and when they will be deleted.
- Launching polls: After installing the new release, moderators will be able to conduct polls among chat participants. The integrated poll module allows questions to be asked in text form, via check box, selection field or dropdown. The chat room owner can decide whether to anonymize the answers.
- Fast communication: Now users can respond directly to messages with emojis. Also, if a user is in a conference, they can reject incoming calls with an automatic quick reply.
- Muting participants: In the new version, moderators of a chat room have the possibility to mute and un-mute participants.
- Public Chat: Through the extended settings of the “public chat rooms”, every group chat can now be declared completely or only partially public.
- Waiting Room: Participants in a group chat can initially be transferred to a “waiting room”. Only when the moderator of the group chat activates the room, communication between all or selected chat participants is possible.
- Advanced statistics functions: The tight integration of VNCdirectory and VNCtalk 4.0 can provide extensive reports and statistics to the user, which can also be displayed graphically via Grafana.
After installing the new release, users can also benefit from several other improvements. With the new enhanced offline data processing, for example, VNCtalk automatically connects to the Messenger service so that all messages are sent as soon as the connection is re-established. Also, the search function has been revised: Users now have three different options to search for terms or complete text passages. In addition, in the new version all components are installed automatically via Kubernetes in various platforms, for example Google Cloud or RedHat OpenShift. Enhanced SecOps routines also integrate powerful reports for even more security as part of the Continuous Integration and Delivery concept.
“With the latest version of VNCtalk and its additional features and improvements, users are able to handle the requirements of the working world 4.0 more efficiently,” emphasizes Andrea Wörrlein, Managing Director of VNC in Berlin and Member of the Board of Directors of VNC AG in Zug. “Remote collaboration, information sharing and communication with different end devices have just become easier for all users.”
VNCtalk 4.0 makes business communication more efficient and secure. Users benefit from extensive new chat settings, enhanced statistics functions and much more.
VNC – Virtual Network Consult AG, based in Switzerland, Germany and India, is a leading developer of open source-based enterprise applications and positions itself as an open and secure alternative to the established software giants. With VNClagoon, the organization with its global open source developer community has created an integrated product suite for enterprises, characterized by high security, state-of-the-art technology and low TCO. VNC’s customers include system integrators and telcos as well as large enterprises and institutions. Further information on https://vnclagoon.com, on Twitter @VNCbiz and on LinkedIn.
VNC – Virtual Network Consult AG
Tel.: +41 (41) 727 52 00