Zug, Switzerland, 3 April 2023 – VNC, leading developer of open source-based enterprise applications, announces version 2.0 of VNCchannels. The multifunctional collaboration tool supports constructive collaboration and efficient knowledge management in companies.
VNCchannels is a tool for creating, sharing and editing content. It can be used as a stand-alone tool or as a functional module of the VNClagoon software stack. VNCchannels combines the functionality of a content management system, a business portal and a publishing tool under a uniform, intuitive user interface. The two core elements of VNCchannels are channels and topics. Topics, such as news, texts, images or videos, are managed and shared in the channels. Authorized members can comment on or edit them there. The idea behind this is to increase informational added value through an intelligent coworking portal for knowledge workers. The most important innovations of the newly released version 2.0 include:
- Hierarchical channels: File systems are organized in folder structures, but the contents stored there are often difficult to find. VNCchannels allows the mirroring of this file structure and supplements it with meta information such as description, synopsis of the file(s), tagging, links to other topics, comments and smart links. This way, the right information is automatically found or linked immediately.
- Synchronized access rights: With this identical structure, it is also possible to synchronize the access rights in VNCchannels with those of the file sharing systems. Via the corresponding API, this option is vendor-agnostic, so it can potentially be used with any file sync and share solution.
- Smart objects: Topics content can now be enriched with meta-information such as highlighted text (a kind of cross-reading function), smart links, sticky notes or references (footnotes). These new functions increase the information density and quality of the content.
- Deeper integration: VNCchannels 2.0 now works even more closely with other communication and collaboration modules of VNClagoon such as VNCmail, VNCsocial, VNCtalk, VNCproject or VNCtask. This makes it easier to access other modules from VNCchannels – and vice versa.
- Improved design: The interface of VNCchannels 2.0 has been refined. The design is now even more intuitive and thus more user-friendly. In addition, it now corresponds 1:1 to the other modules of the VNClagoon software stack in terms of appearance and operating logic.
“VNCchannels is a lighthouse solution for us because it helps to generate information from data, knowledge from information and innovation from knowledge,” explains Andrea Wörrlein, managing director of VNC in Berlin and board member of VNC AG in Zug. “We are therefore already working on exciting enhancements for upcoming versions to make this process even faster and more efficient.”
VNCchannels can be used directly in app modules such as the videoconferencing system VNCtalk.
Impressively intuitive operating structure of VNCchannels: the subscribed channels on the left and the channel-specific topics on the right.
About VNC – Virtual Network Consult AG
VNC – Virtual Network Consult AG, based in Switzerland, Germany and India, is a leading developer of open source-based enterprise applications and positions itself as an open and secure alternative to the established software giants. With VNClagoon, the organization with its global open source developer community has created an integrated product suite for enterprises, characterized by high security, state-of-the-art technology and low TCO. VNC’s customers include system integrators and telcos as well as large enterprises and institutions.
Further information on https://vnclagoon.com, on Twitter @VNCbiz and on LinkedIn.
VNC – Virtual Network Consult AG
Phone: +41 (41) 727 52 00